Introduction to the Pitorobooks Forum
Welcome to the Pitorobooks Forum! We are thrilled to be able to afford you space to teach, learn from others, comment and even raise topics.
Our mission is to:
explore, correct, learn from, and critique the history we are taught at school—mainly in light of new facts unearthed by L.M. Leteane.
To that end, we will be working hard to ensure that we align our actions with that purpose. These Forum Rules and Guidelines should not only help you understand how to act within the community but also help you understand what to expect from others in this space.
It will serve us well to remember, keep in mind, the quote below:
Many literary critics seem to think that a hypothesis about obscure and remote questions of history can be refuted by a simple demand for the production of more evidence than in fact exists. The true test of a hypothesis, if it cannot be shown to conflict with known truths, is the number of facts that it correlates and explains. —Francis Cornford, The Origin of Attic Comedy (emphasis added)
Inasmuch as we value critical dialogue between members, we should remember—at all times—that whether we agree or disagree, we should do so with basic respect for each other. Persuasion through facts and good logic should be the order of the day, rather that resorting to mere ridicule or to unsubstantiated but stubborn statements of faith and belief that do not enhance our collective understanding.
Why we adhere to the Core Values
Religious and historical debate tend to be rather emotive areas of discussion. However, the Author has posited in his book The Lord’s Secret Timetable that we were deliberately divided by certain ancient and shadowy entities we once knew as “gods”, so regardless of whether we choose to believe this or not, let us in any case bear this challenge in mind, prove it wrong or otherwise… but certainly not play into its hands. After all, bitter division is fueled largely by misunderstanding. It remains UGLY no matter where one stands. The aim of this Forum is to rather resolve this division, than fuel it.
Basic Rules and Guidelines of the Pitorobooks Forum
“Forum” shall mean the Pitorobooks Forum in its entirety, unless implied in the context or specifically indicating otherwise.
“a forum” shall mean a particular subject categorization within the Pitorobooks Forum, along with various Topics under that subject categorization.
“forums” shall mean a plurality of subject categorizations within the Pitorobooks Forum, along with various Topics under each subject categorization.
“Topic(s)” shall mean a topic (or topics) under a forum (or forums).
To achieve the above-stated principal aims of the Forum, and to preempt behavior that can lead to unwanted trouble or the lowering of recognized standards of behavior for a Forum, every member and potential member is required to have familiarized themselves with the following basic rules and guidelines.
Always remain relevant
For a forum focused on a specific Topic, you should only submit content related to that Topic. However, you may make brief references to related or other Topics in the Forum provided they add value to the Topic. Although links to external products and services—even if rival or competing ones—shall not be automatically viewed as a violation of the rules and guidelines of this Forum, the provider must at all times adhere to at least three fundamental requirements:
- links must add value to discussions and not merely mirror, or be tangential and/or irrelevant to, said discussions
- the provider of the links must disclose the nature of their relationship with the brands or contents of the links
- the links provided must not lead to content that is merely advertorial in nature, including liberal or unguarded use of hyperbole, artistic license, exaggerated claims of brand value, and other such common advertising tendencies
Always be respectful to others
The Pitrobooks Forum greatly values debate and the expression of diverse opinions. As such, you may disagree with some content that you come across and even question the beliefs and expertise of others…as long as it is relevant to the forum or Topic, and it’s done in a respectful and non-threatening manner. In order to maintain a welcoming environment for all users, your participation in the Forum’s community must always be respectful of others. In particular:
- Refrain from language that employs or quotes obscenities or profanity in any form: verbal, written or graphic
- Do not repeatedly send messages or requests to others, or harass them in any way.
- Do not make use of spam, or post repeated identical posts.
- Don’t attempt to drown out other people’s opinions, including by posting from multiple accounts or coordinating with others.
- Don’t engage in name-calling or attack people based on whether you agree with them.
- As this is a Forum intended primarily for adults (i.e. those of full legal standing), sexual content may be submitted. However, you are advised to take due care because audiences within our Forum may be sensitive to such content. Acceptable content must meet the following criteria:
- It is relevant to the subject matter of the forum
- It enhances good understanding of Topics under a forum
- If graphic, it is not personal and/or unpublished content but, rather, is pre-existing and preferably ancient or classical art.
As such, Topics, comments and other submissions deemed lewd, salacious or gratuitous in nature will be deemed to violate the rules and guidelines of this Forum.
- As this is a Forum that deals with history, you may post descriptions and/or images of extreme violence that has happened in our history. Acceptable content must meet the same criteria as above (i.e. as with sexual content) and must not include gratuitous depictions of extreme violence and gore, otherwise this will be deemed to violate the rules and guidelines of this Forum.
Always keep within the letter and spirit of Civil and Criminal Law
To maintain the desired standard and integrity of the Forum, members must refrain from activities that break the law or which may result in civil suits. These include, but are not limited to:
- Illegal activity
Don’t post content that encourages or supports illegal behavior, including:
- violence, fraud, illegal drug use, underage drinking, or child or animal abuse.
- the dangerous misuse of a product
- advocating, threatening, or making it seems as if it’s okay to enact physical or financial harm to yourself or others, including terrorism.
- offering fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, pyramid schemes, and so on), or using the Forum to engage in any type of scam.
- Copyright or intellectual property violations
If you need to make reference to content that is not yours, you are required to:
- do so in a way that does not infringe the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of others
- take care to submit content that you have permission to use.
- Impersonating other users
Subject to copyright and intellectual property rules outlined above, while you may make reference to the work and posts of others, a Forum member may not:
- represent themselves to be anyone else but themselves
- falsely represent work and posts of others as belonging to said member
- Prosecutable labelling of others
Don’t post content that is libelous or defamatory to others, whether they are in the Forum or outside of it.
- Any hateful conduct
Don’t express hatred or intolerance for people on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender or gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability, including agreement with or promoting of organizations with such views, nor initiate or support organized or targeted attacks on others.
- Direct threats to harm others
Don’t post any personal threats to harm anyone, whether such harm is physical or mental. If a Member has acted wrongly to you, report this to the Moderator and then, if necessary, to the Forum Administrators, or else report it to legal authorities.
- Indirect threats to harm others
Do not post inflammatory remarks about any person or organization or grouping or nation that are designed to instigate hatred towards that entity, nor should you post incitements aimed at harming them.
- Sharing of private information
Don’t post content that invades others’ privacy. For example, don’t post other people’s phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, or other personal information.
- Acting maliciously
Do not post links to phishing or other malware sites, or attempt to hack into or invade another’s privacy, nor should you comment in a way that may bring personal shame to another especially as relates to private or family matters.
Violations of Basic Rules and Guidelines of the Pitorobooks
Single or repeated violations of the above rules and guidelines shall render the offending member liable to possible suspension or expulsion from the Pitorobooks Forum, as determined by an authorized and designated Moderator or Administrator of said Forum.